Friday 13 January 2012

Cow Modeling Part 3

Final Feet Perspective
Feet

I increased the size of the feet and shaped it to resemble hooves. The hooves are not accurately correct because they resemble more like pig hooves and cow hooves. The hooves are also flat which is not correct as cow hooves are raised. I created the flat hooves to keep the model simple and because the cow is walking on 2 legs. Having raised hooves on a cow walking on 2 legs makes it look as though its wearing high heels.
Final Feet Side








Problems

Initial Neck
1 of the problems I have was that I smoothed the model too earlier. This created a lot of problems because I have not merged the different body parts yet.

The body had even more vertices and the neck area had too many vertices and have to merge some of them first before I can merge the head. The neck had 16 vertices while the head has 8 vertices.

Final Neck
Areas around the neck have planes that have more than 4 vertices. I had to slowly remove and replace them. In the final model, the neck area is not smooth and have a crumbled effect around the neck. This makes the model look as though it has scales on its neck.



What I have learned

By doing this exercise I have learned some useful tips on modeling.

Most of the time I delete half of the model so that I do not need to adjust to sides of the model at the same time. After I have done all on my changes, I use Mirror Geometry to create the other half of the model.

I also noticed some elements of the human anatomy that I did not noticed before. I also learned about a cow's anatomy and combined it with the human body. I figured out the elements of what makes a cow look like a cow and try to retain does elements while modeling the cow. Even though the model does not resemble a cow  or a human, the features that people are familiar with help viewers to recognize the model as a cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment