Friday 13 January 2012

Cow Modeling Part 2

Initial Hand
 Hand

The initial hand lacked detail and was too big for the model. The fingers and thumb are round and the fingers point at the same direction. The decoration at the wrist makes the hand look like its wearing a glove. The diameter of the finger is roughly the same throughout the length of the finger.

Final Hand Whole
In the final hand, I reduced the hand size and the length of the fingers and thumb. I also made them point in different directions. I increased the decoration at the wrist to help emphasized the glove effect. By making the fingers shorter than normal, I wanted to make the hands look cuter because the palm of the hand looks bigger.

I made the finger tips less pointed and added details to the hands. The thumb has more shape to it and the areas between the fingers have been adjusted to make the fingers more prominent. I have also added the effect of having knuckles on the hand, raising the vertices inline with the fingers and lowering the vertices beside them.
Final Hand Fingers

Final Hand Side
On the side view, the vertices are raised to create knuckles on the hand.








Arm & Leg

Final Arm
The arms of the final model is shortened and the vertices have been moved around to add detail of having muscles and an elbow. I have shifted the arms slightly inner into the body so that I can make the shoulders of the model smaller.

Final Leg
The legs of the final model is thicker and have added detail to the legs. I tried to create the thigh and calf muscles on the leg and made the knee more obvious. I have also reduced the size of the ankles so that it becomes the smallest part of the leg.

I tired not to add too much detail to the arms and legs because I did not want the  cow to look muscular. I only wanted sufficient detail on the body to add realism to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment